Prioritize Your Safety
Your safety should always be your top priority when meeting up with someone you met online. While the majority of people are trustworthy and honest, never assume this to be true of a stranger. Please keep in mind the following best practices:
- Meet in a public location. Police stations, fire stations, and major shopping centers are all excellent options.
- Avoid meeting in a secluded location or at a private residence.
- Bring a friend or family member with you. Avoid going alone.
- If you must go alone, let someone know all of the details of your meeting.
- Trust your instincts. Leave if something doesn’t feel right.
- Always bring a cell phone to the meeting.
We strongly encourage everyone to take a personal safety and awareness training class. There are many great resources available online and through your local police department.
Be Aware of Scams
While the majority of people are trustworthy and honest, sadly this world also has individuals who are not and attempt to scam honest people. We want everyone who uses our site to have a pleasant experience and avoid any potential scams. As such, please keep in mind the following best practices on how to identify and avoid scams:
- Always meet face-to-face. The vast majority of scams involve never meeting in person.
- Do not accept cashier/certified checks or money orders. Use AGF Payments or deal in cash only.
- Never provide your financial information to anyone.
- Never use a third party to complete a transaction.
- Never wire funds to anyone.
If you believe that you have been scammed (or someone has attempted to scam you), please contact your local police department immediately.